Welcome to the internet home of First Age, a custom expansion for The Lord of the Rings: The Card Game that propels players into the epic events of The Silmarillion. On this page, you will find everything you need to play First Age, as well as any future expansions, errata, decklists, and materials.
* Here are the rules for First Age, which you’ll want to look over to get comfortable with the new rules regarding Corruption and some of the new keywords (this also includes some Frequently Asked Questions):
* Here are the PDF versions of all the player cards, as well as the cards for each of the three scenarios: The Isle of Werewolves, The Seat of Morgoth, and Hunting of the Wolf. In order to print these, use double-sided printing.
* Here is the First Age Approved List, which provides a list for players of which cards can be included from the official card pool when making First Age decks:
Third Party Printing
* Here is a link if you are interested in getting the set printed at ArtsCow (make sure you search the site for coupon codes!). I apologize for the set being so expensive, but there are so many cards, I have to end up doing 8 different decks:
(Disclaimer: First Age is completely free of charge and I’m making no money from this endeavor. This links to a separate printing business that charges for the printing service).
* If you want to play First Age on OCTGN, it comes pre-loaded. Look in the Custom folder inside the Decks folder. All you have to do is make sure you have the latest custom image pack downloaded and installed, which you can find here:
* Here is a link to a Backup.zip file that you can place on your iPad to play First Age on CardWarden. Simply navigate to the apps section of your iPad while it is connected to iTunes and drag the Backup.zip file into the section for CardWarden. Then hit restore on the desired box on the CardWarden app:
* Note: I have not included the cards from the First Age Approved List, as these images are owned by FFG. However, I have left plenty of blank spaces to include them if you have scans or images available for these cards.
* If you are interested in getting a hold of the Strange Eons source files for translation purposes, send me a message (using Contact TftC! above), and I’ll gladly send them to you.
INCORPORATED IN THE MOST RECENT VERSION
– Solitary Outlaw: Add “Limit 1 per hero.”
– Huan: Add “(Limit once per round.)” to the first ability.
– Elwing: Add “(Limit once per round.)” to her ability.
– Devouring Werewolf: Add “Cannot leave the pit area.”
NOT INCORPORATED IN THE MOST RECENT VERSION
– Harp of Fingon: Should be a “Response” instead of an “Action”
Q: Does the effect on Guard Wolf apply each round or only during the round it is revealed?
A: The effect on Guard Wolf only applies during the round it is revealed. So if the Guard Wolf is still alive during subsequent turns, the character that was originally “pinned” is no longer affected.
Q: Can all Corruption from an encounter card effect be placed on a single character, even if this is more than enough to make them corrupted?
A: No. Corruption is placed on characters one token at a time. So as soon as a character becomes corrupted by the placement of a token, it can no longer become the recipient of further Corruption.
Card Reviews and Playthroughs (Warden of Arnor)
First Age Family Tree
Sometimes it’s a bit confusing to keep track of all the characters from the First Age and how they are related. Check out this handy guide from the Dor Cuarthol blog:
Sample First Age Decklists
If you have a First Age deck that you want to share, please send it to me using the Contact TftC! tab above or simply email firstname.lastname@example.org and I will gladly post it here!
Disclaimer: This expansion is not endorsed, supported, or affiliated with Fantasy Flight Games. The copyrightable portions of The Lord of the Rings: The Card Game and its expansions are © 2011 – 2014 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. The Lord of the Rings, and the characters, items, events and places therein are trademarks or registered trademarks of The Saul Zaentz Company d/b/a Middle-earth Enterprises and are used, under license, by Fantasy Flight Games. Living Card Game, LCG, LCG logo and Fantasy Flight Supply are trademarks and/or registered trademarks of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. The Silmarillion, The Children of Hurin, Unfinished Tales, and the characters, items, events, and places therein are trademarks or registered trademarks of the Tolkien Estate and Tolkien Company. All Rights Reserved to their respective owners.
All artwork is the property of the respective artists. All credit has been given where possible. Use of artwork in this expansion does not imply claim over any pieces of art or endorsement by the respective artists.