This is a blog covering FFG’s The Lord of the Rings: The Card Game (commonly abbreviated as LOTR LCG). I began playing this game shortly after its release, and quickly found myself addicted. After a six-month or so break from the game due to various reasons, mostly life interfering with the all-important gaming, I dove right back in and found myself more hooked than ever. Unfortunately, this meant that my craving for new content about this game, whether in the form of articles, conversations, or actual cards, grew quicker than the actual supply, and so in December of 2012, I decided to set up this blog to help remedy that situation.
My original vision for this site was that it would be a place for light, thematic discussion of the game and wild speculation. However, it has mushroomed during its life into an all-encompassing affair, covering topics ranging from strategy to play experiences to card analysis to reviews/previews. I usually produce around 2-3 posts a week in order to provide fairly consistent content, and strive to craft articles that speak to players of all experience levels.
However, I by no means see myself as the only expert on this game (if an expert at all). If you are interested in writing articles for this blog, feel free to send them my way. I would love to eventually not be the only writer of content, but be able to provide a place for others to share their thoughts on the game as well. I’ve been fortunate enough to become deeply involved in the community surrounding the game thanks to this site, even collaborating to create The Grey Company podcast, along with several other community members.
Finally, there are quite a few great places other than this blog to satisfy your fix for LOTR LCG. Some of them are listed on the blogroll, but others can be found here:
– FFG’s own website (of course): http:www.fantasyflightgames.com
– LOTR LCG Deckbuilders: http://www.cardgamedb.com/index.php/lotr/lord-of-the-rings-deckbuilder and http://ringsdb.com/
– LOTR LCG card database: http://hallofbeorn.com/Cards/Search
– Board Game Geek forums for LOTR LCG: http://boardgamegeek.com/forums/thing/77423/the-lord-of-the-rings-the-card-game
– Cardboard of the Rings (an LOTR LCG podcast): http://cardboardoftherings.com/
– The Grey Company Podcast: https://greycompanypodcast.com/
Thanks for reading and don’t be a stranger!
Writer/Editor: Ian M.